What is the Melville Fun-"K"?
A school wide event is coming on Friday, September 29, 2017, in which all students and staff participate.
- A new approach to fundraising that avoids selling products and directs ALL profits back to the school.
- MPTG Fundraiser, where students are encouraged to get pledges and run laps to raise money for MPTG programming.
What are the goals of the Melville Fun-“K”?
- To fund MPTG programming, to support classroom needs, (including our outdoor classroom), help resource our Maker Space for STEAM activities, provide class field trips and in-school enrichment programs, support family events, fund technology to enhance classroom learning and provide playground opportunities to strengthen healthy children.
- To include the entire Melville School community in a fun and healthy activity.
- To be successful enough to make this the major MPTG fundraiser of the year.
What do students do for the Melville Fun-“K”?
- Use the online pledge system and/or the pledge envelope to collect sponsors for the Melville Fun-“K”.
- Run/walk a looped track on the school field for 20 minutes on the Melville Fun-“K” day. Each session of the Melville Fun-“K” takes 1 hour, with time to get on the field, warm up, run, cool down and have a post-race snack.
- Have a ton of fun, whether or not they have pledges or running experience.
What do parents/guardians do for the Melville Fun-“K”?
- Help your student get sponsors before the Melville Fun-“K”.
- Volunteer the day of the Melville Fun-“K”.
- Dress your student appropriately for running and the weather the day of the Melville Fun-“K”.
- Support their students with words of encouragement and by cheering from the sideline as they participate in this fun and healthy fundraising event. Signs, crazy outfits, and noisemakers are welcome!
- Help your student collect pledges and thank their sponsors after the Melville Fun-“K”.
What do students get from the Melville Fun-“K”?
- An understanding of the fun and importance of exercise.
- An appreciation of teamwork and the strong school unity at Melville Elementary School
- A FREE t-shirt and healthy snack on Melville Fun-“K” day.
- A chance to win fantastic prizes.
What about pledges?
- Sponsors can pledge an amount per lap or a set amount.
- The MPTG is a 501(3)c organization and donations are tax-deductible. For donations less than $250, a cleared check serves as a receipt. A receipt will be sent home for donations greater than $250 or by request.
- If your family prefers not to solicit pledges, please consider making a donation to MPTG.
What happens after the Melville Fun-“K”?
- A packet telling how many laps your student ran will come home on race day.
- Students should collect outstanding pledges, with checks payable to MPTG.
- Turn in pledges and correlating raffle tickets in the pledge envelope by 10/6/17.
- Prizes will be awarded at an assembly at the end of October.